1) Fold a piece of notebook paper in half vertically.
2) Unfold the paper and cut along every third printed line until you get to the fold. You should have a series of tabs on one side of the fold and solid paper on the other.
3) Fold the tabs back down. Write one of the element symbols/vocabulary words/math facts to be memorized on each one.
4) Lift the tab and write the corresponding element/definition/answer so that it is positioned underneath the tab.
5) Quiz your child, or show them how to do it themselves.
6) Pass the test with flying colors and celebrate!
For more resources for parents, teachers, and students, visit www.yellincenter.com/resources.
Photo: Jeremy Koren